Here are some ideas of things to do in the area:
- Lee Bay is our favourite beach on Exmoor and usually pretty empty with a nice cafe too, the nearest beaches are Kilve and Blue Anchor.
- West Somerset Heritage Railway for a trip along the coast on a traditional steam train - highly recommended!
- Exmoor National Park - so much to see here, it's gorgeous - try Exmoor Wildlife Safaris for a tour.
- Visit National Trust Dunster Castle and the surrounding historic village
- Head to the Exmoor coast and visit Porlock Weir, Valley of the Rocks, Lyton and Lynmouth.
- Kilve is our closest beach for fossil hunting and rock pooling. Blue Anchor is also near with sand at low tide.
- Quantock Pony Trekking, West Bagborough
- Exmoor Riding for all ages and all abilities in a fantastic coastal location.
- Wimbleball Lake for watersports
- Fyne Court for woodland walks (National Trust but it is free!)
- Hestercombe Gardens has a good woodland walk with waterfall and nice cafe
- Crealy Adventure Park outside Exeter has theme park rides (45 mins)
- South Devon coast is an hour away - Branscombe and Beer are lovely to visit, drop in to the Donkey Sanctuary on route.
- Tarr Steps is famous, there is a lovely easy walk around the river through the trees and nice pub nearby.
- Wiveliscombe has an open air swimming pool
- Birds Hill Days provides fantastic country sports experiences.
- We definitely recommend West Somerset Heritage Railway for a trip along the coast on a traditional steam train.
- We have great National Trust houses nearby- Dunster Castle, Knightshayes, Killerton and Montecute House.
- Visit beautiful Allerford and drop in to the Owl and Hawk Centre, you can also book a riding lesson there too.
- Dulverton village with shops and cafes
- Tropiquaria is popular with little children and Watchet harbour is close by.
- Buy a day pass for Butlins in Minehead (half price after 2pm).
- Somerset Museum Taunton, it's very good and it's free!
- Odeon Cinema & Hollywood Bowl Taunton.
- Exeter is around 45 minutes away with lots of restaurants and shopping, the Royal Albert Museum is amazing, a mini Natural History Museum
- Fleet Air Arm Museum, Ilchester
- Willow and Wetlands Visitor Centre outside Taunton